Monday, June 29, 2009

Little Fenix

Many of you probably know that Fenix has really struggled with his communication. Brett at one point called Fenix mute boy until Fenix's not talking really became an issue. We started Fenix on speech lessons when he was 2 and a half because he wasn't even trying to communicate and had no interest to. Fenix met with Tye every Tuesday. We saw little progress and recommended for him to be tested for borderline austism. When we moved to Nevada we found out that the state had a great program called Child Find which puts children with disabiliities into a pre-school program. Within the last year and a half, Fenix has gone from only being able to say car, to speaking in complete sentences and repeating everything we say. He can spell his first and last name and knows his colors and alphabet. Fenix loves school especially riding the bus everyday. We love Fenix so much and we are so grateful for how hard he has tried this year to learn. We are proud of him and are thankful for the joy he brings to our family.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that he's shown so much improvement. You've probably heard, but I was called mute as well when I was younger... I had to go to speech therapy and my mom has an old recording of me trying to say my alphabet (dreadful)--I think every child has their own struggles to get through!!

    ReplyDelete