Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fearless Kendall

So the weather has been awesome! I decided to take all three kids to the swimming pool Rec Center @ Black Mountain. Fenix nor Kendall had any swimming floaties so I literally showed them where the water starts getting deep. I actually dunked them so they could touch the bottom and see how deep it was....After freaking out and screaming, I figured they understood their quick lesson in which part of the pool to stay in...This is where we need extra patience with Kendall....I was sitting back trying to keep my eye on both kids when I started to panic that I couldn't find Kendall. Taylor was there to help stay with them in the water so I searched for Tay, found her and Fenix but no Kendall. My eyes quickly scanned the pool...all of a sudden before I could say anything, I see little Kendall jumping off the side into the 4 feet deep end! Did I mention she CAN'T SWIM... saw her go up and down once, twice and the lifeguard was looking at another area of the pool. I yelled HELP HER like a freako, she can't swim and I ran towards her as fast as I could, you know the whole slo-mo going on... The lifeguard jumped in and pulled her up. Gosh it was such a blessing that I saw Kendall at just the right moment because the lifeguard might have been too late since he was not aware of her jumping. About 5 minutes later a 10 year old girl comes up to me and says totally sweetly mam I just saw your daughter drown...what do I say to that, uh thankyou....Needless to say, we packed right up, went home and haven't returned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment