Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Daddy Day

This morning as I woke Kendall up, I told her remember it's Father's Day...She ran into my room and yelled, Happy daddy day...
I would just like to take a moment to express how grateful I am for my father. My father is a convert to the church, his family is primarily Catholic and were not pleased to hear he converted to Mormonism. My dad is such a great example, he has always had a wonderful testimony of the gospel and demonstrated it, in his selfless service. He always made sure we were in church every Sunday, we woke up early to read our scriptures and always encouraged us to seek our Heavenly Father in prayer. He has been a great missionary to the Native people, doing anything for them. I am thankful for his strength and his faith in raising me in the wonderful gospel. He truely is my hero.


I am so very thankful for my husband Brett. Brett met me when I was a single parent raising Taylor. I was very used to men in the LDS church judging that I was a single parent, that seemed to keep them away however not Brett. Brett saw me for who I was and not the mistakes I made. Brett has loved Taylor like she was his and I couldn't ask for a better dad for her. Brett is such a loving husband, friend and father. He truely loves his children and would do anything for them, he is our hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment