Sunday, August 2, 2009

In loving memory of a loving husband, father, grandparent, friend and true Latter Day Saint.



As I sit here by the ocean,

My thoughts are of my loved ones, so very far away.

My heart is filled with deep emotion,

I feel moved apon to pray.



May God bless them in my absense,

And protect them each passing day.

Until they are once again in my presence,

Of these things I do pray.



May life's trials and tribulations

Always continue to pass them by.

That only love, honor and adoration

Will be given to God on high.



Let them know how I love them,

More than anything I know.

Not showing my love is the problem,

When in their presence I go.



Time goes by, however, so slowly,

And soon I shall be with them again.

May I return to them kindly

Master of all that I am.



That this life may be one of happiness,

And joy as life can be.

That we may rise together, as

A close eternal family.



(Poem was dedicated from Taylor Petersen to his loving wife, Norma and Teri Lyn, Linda, Michelle, Mark and Pamela)

2 comments:

  1. Did he write that? Regardless, it's a beautiful poem. Thanks for the wonderful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Wish I could be there with everyone!

    ReplyDelete